Where would you like to go?

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Butterfly Rosette Cake

Last weekend I had a very special cake to make for my dear sister who was celebrating her 31st birthday.  I remembered her mentioning how much she wanted a butterfly cake!  Just as well, I had been itching to do a butterfly cake, but I also wanted to try out I AM BAKERS rose cake for quite some time now.  I stumbled upon a very delicious Vanilla bean latte layer cake in Sweetapolita's blog and desperately wanted to try it!  Then I thought, why not combine all of this into one cake?  The great thing about making cakes for family is that you can pretty much choose the design yourself!  So here is the final outcome of my very own Butterfly Rosette cake.  I have to say thanks to those who inspired me to come up with this - I AM BAKERSweetapolita, and kathyx1 from CakeCentral.


Read more after the jump...

  
We held the celebration at my parents place and they just had the perfect setting for the cake!  All the colours worked well together - the beautiful round dining table, the rustic twigs and floral decor, the creamy vase and golden mirror on the wall - I couldn't have asked for a better setting to take some gorgeous pictures of this cake.


My sister was very much in love with her cake!  What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment