Where would you like to go?

Friday 6 June 2014

Vintage Rose Wedding

Late last year I had the pleasure of making a small and simple wedding cake for a lovely older couple.  Frances {the bride-to-be} had been looking for somebody to make her wedding cake.  Although we didn't know each other, we were brought together by her hairstylist, who happened to be my sister-in-law's boss whom I had previously made a cake for.  She really loved the birthday cake I made for her son that she was more than happy to promote my work to Frances...soonafter that I received a call and it was just meant to be :-)  Frances and I never met in person, but communicated regularly via phone and email.  I was really excited for this order because it was going to be my first single tiered wedding cake.  The challenge for this cake was to incorporate the right elements to make it stand out whilst keeping it simple and elegant.

Frances didn't really know what design she wanted, however she knew what colours she wanted to incorporate on the cake.  Her wedding dress was the inspiration for the final design of this cake - white lace with a dusky pink underslip.  I translated this by creating a white cake with an applique of fondant leaves to resemble lace, dusky pink roses with gilded edges as a focal point, and finishing it off with a simple beaded pearl border.  I must say, I was really pleased with how the cake turned out.  It was elegant and beautiful, just like her dress.  I hope you like it!


Click after the break to see more photos...



And here it is at the beautiful wedding reception venue, Okahu...





I couldn't resist snapping a couple of shots of the beautiful view outside the venue...


Well, I hope you enjoyed today's cake feature!  Thank you for dropping by.  I'm glad I was able to share three of my cake creations with you this week.  I can't wait to share more next week!  So stay tuned!  :-)

Have a safe and beautiful weekend!

xo,
Jackie




No comments:

Post a Comment